Warning:

The visual appearance of this blog might be disturbing and the contents of this blog are B-Rated.
Adult supervision is advised while reading this blog.

The Journey Till Now

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 6; the sixth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.



Today, I sat down writing my autobiography. I know all of you will be laughing at this very idea. I m not a great man that someone will get inspired by me. So, why am I writing this? I don't know. Perhaps it is Vipul coming up with an weird image for Blog-a-ton 6, or perhaps it is a tip I got at the starting of BAT. He told me once don't ever think what are you writing, just sit in front of the screen and let the fingers roll. so I thought of respecting his views. After all, he is the Founder Marshall.

Well, where do I start and what do I write? I have been hopeless all my life. There is nothing new. But, I came to know that I have am a confused person all my life. At the beginning of the story, I wanted to become Superman. Then I had to drop that idea when I came to know he is fictional character. Then I wanted to become an Inspector, but it did not even last 15 minutes when I was told by my brother that you need to healthy for that and I was grossly underweight and that was no secret to me. I also wanted to become a wicket-keeper like Kiran More at one time. Somehow, I could not figure out how did that thought came into my mind, as I sucked in all aspects of cricket, even at being an audience. Then I wanted to become a Tennis player but that was just due to an infatuation for Monica Seles. I came to know about that soon when I saw Shabnam Kaur Ma'm. She was our drawing teacher when we were in Class IV. She was my first love. Well, let us not it here. I mentioned her as she made me like photography. She was a very good photographer. I still remember the Pentax camera, forgot the model.

I did not have a camera, but I still wanted to become a photographer. I used to read books based on photography. When I was in class X, my brother bought a compact camera, Konica POP EF-80 from the money he got after his Upanayan Ceremony. I was very happy. Now, when I notice that I did not even thank him. I was very selfish. With that camera I started clicking photographs. As a roll was very expensive for a student I used to photograph in meetings and I used to save 2-3 snaps from it. I even attended National level workshops with that camera. My friends thought me silly but I never cared and attended those workshops. In one such workshops, I met the owner of Shillong Studio and he taught me how to develop b/w rolls. He even told me that he would teach me color. But, I had to come to Assam and I still don't know about colour photography much apart from clicking but I still want to learn that technique even in this digital age. Shabnam Ma'm once said, "A photographer is a historian, an artist and a colour scientist." Those words were enough to make me understand the importance of formal education in photography. So, as soon I came to Jorhat, I took some formal education in photography. But, photography is a King's Hobby. Very expensive. I took up marriage contracts and I must say, it the most interesting the least paid job for a photographer. My Dad soon got me my first SLR, Nikon FM-10. Then, sky was the limit atleast that is what I thought. But, money was still a problem. Digital was coming at that time. Orkut and Facebook created new challenges. Everybody, was to become a photographer. So, photographers took a backseat and nobody liked to call them a photographer unless they are extremely good. My brother got me Canon Powershot 550 and I also started doing casual photography and somehow I was losing interest. But, my friends pushed me back to photography telling me to update my photoblog. This new year, my brother got me a Nikon D5000 DSLR. Well, now I again feel that zest to rise and take some cool photographs like my other photographer friends. Now, isn't I lucky to get so lovely friends and a wonderful family.

The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

24 Expert Comments:

MADHU RAO | (INDImag.COM) January 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

Laughing at the 'with Orkut and FB' everyone with a camera is a photographer :-) . Ab Farhan Idiot(3I) ke baad it will only increase. But so true..

You have a great brother !

Autobiography when not being famous ? That's the trend bhai. Write an auto-biography before you are famous and then you can become the president of USA ; the trend is still continuing with him, Nobel 'speech' prize for making promises :-)

Siddhesh Kabe January 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

thats a great story... bro...:P

Pramathesh January 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

@Madhu

I m an Indian, so I cannot become the president of USA.

@Sid

LOL :P

Nethra January 10, 2010 at 4:49 AM  

Autobiography was a good idea. :)

Dreamer January 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Instead of waiting to become famous to write an autobiography maybe you can become famous because of your autobiography, eh? Good idea!

Karthik January 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

So true. Everyone is a photographer in the world of orkut and fb. :-)
Loved the write up. It's always good to do the things you love the most.
Keep clicking.
All the best! :-)

Deepti January 10, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

Mr. PB, you are a very good photographer. If this is your autobiography, then you should've been a photographer..!!

Saurabh Panshikar January 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

he he! Enjoyed it!
LOL @ Orkut, FB Photographers.

btw can I borrow your bro?

aativas January 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

My experience is: the more confused one is, the more imaginative. :)

Pramathesh January 11, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

@Saurabh
No! You cannot!! :x
You cannot borrow any of my brothers.

Pramathesh January 11, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

@Deepti

I m not a photogrpaher. I m in love with the camera.

geeta January 12, 2010 at 2:22 AM  

Autobiography...a novel idea indeed...

Gauri January 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Nice story!

Hope u continue capturing wonderful moments on ur camera

Good luck for BATOM6! :)

Shruti January 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

LOL @ Orkut and FB photographers :P And I must say ur brother is very Good :)

Anonymous January 14, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as nice post. Specially the title attracted me to read the whole story.

Prashansa January 15, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

Very hounestly written post.I don't think you are confused. I think you are very normal person having veriety of ambitions with the changing age. Stick with photography as your friends and family says.Best of luck.

Mahesh Aadhya Kalal January 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Being a photography geek, i do connect with this post....went nostalgic.

The post reminds me an advertisement where a kid dreams about diff careers.....and sachin comes....

Makk January 15, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

keep clicking.

keep smiling!

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Pramathesh January 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

@ Anonymous
Please do not comment like that. At least give a chance to thank you.

Anonymous January 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

Easily I assent to but I dream the brief should have more info then it has.

Pramathesh January 21, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

Research and you will get more info.

SG January 23, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

This is a good one. Pls write your autobiography.

Pramathesh January 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

I will write it. But will anybody read it?

About This Blog

B-Grade! Totally B-Grade!!

Header File Missing

Read the contents of this blog at your own risk.

  © 10 Heads of Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky -Superstar Member of Bamboo Lounge 2008

Back to TOP